Monday, October 3, 2011

On Biology and stuff like that


Look at this cute little guy. He was just a gripping on for dear life on the back of my car. A few days earlier there was another one hanging on to the hood of my car and almost every day there is one outside sitting on the hood. They are cuuuuute. 

I have always had a thing for grasshoppers. They are cute and funny and nice. No one else got that? Weird. Well they are and if you freeze them for an extended period of time and then let them thaw they still live. Now that's what I call resilient. I know that because I once was a freak, oh wait that is still in accordance with who I am, but you follow. Anyway I did that a lot and once my sister made me angry and I let one un-thaw in her room. 
Anyway to keep with our theme on resilience and biology let me tell you a story. Once upon a time I went to biology twice with my husband and then it came time to take the exam and we both failed. We both failed with big fat F's. It is weird what they say about going to school and getting good grades. There actually is a correlation. Like for instance, if you go to school you actually do get better grades. That is weird. It really wasn't that funny until we decided to start going to class, (after the fact of the exam of course) and found out that our lowest exam score is not counted in the class. I thought that was kind of funny. I'm not sure why but every now and then I get in this mode where I am sick of doing everything that is expected and I don't want to be responsible and I feel really overwhelmed and I do something a little crazy. I.E. failing my biology test when I have to keep a certain GPA to maintain my scholarship. Or the time when I was so sick of working at this ice cream shop and dealing with my crazy boss that on a break I completely broke down in hysterics telling D how I couldn't do it anymore and how stressed it was making me....(mind you this was when we were seniors in high school and poor D was very, very confused with my emotions and that was when I knew he was a keeper) after D's advice I then walked back into that hell hole and quit on the spot. Refreshing? Colder and fresher than that Ice Cream I can tell you that. 
But all of these things lead me to this, often life gets a little overwhelming. Always in different stages of life, sometimes working at an ice cream shop or other times when there are a lot of other things all going on at the same time. Sometimes you need a breaking point so that you realize you need to keep going. Normally after a very low point is when I realize I am a lot stronger than I thought I was and sometimes I think that is what life is all about. 
I am but a grasshopper clinging onto something for dear life and when the car stops I realize i'm actually a hard core bad ass and I'm still alive and kicking. 
Here's to you, 

xoxo


M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line