Friday, October 7, 2011

On Our First Kiss

Do you see that black sweater darlings? Well that cozy black sweater cost me less than $5 dollars at F21 and has worn me through a lot of good days. That sweater also happens to be the exact sweat that our story is centered around today, the story of our very first kiss. This picture was taken more than a year and a half after our first kiss. What can I say, I'm a cheapskate.

D and I's story from the very beginning is actually one of mystery and intrigue. We went on dates, became best friends, and became "official" all pretty secretly. The reason being that I wanted to keep my options open and had said I wasn't going to have a set serious boyfriend my senior year and so I dated lots and lots of boys, it just so happened it kind of happened at the same time, oops, anyway and Mr. D was such a party animal that dating a gung ho mormon girl like me would've cramped his style. We went on our very first date in November of 2008 and I remember worrying about whether he would try to kiss me or not. In my mind I said "It's Drew Bongiovi! Of course he is going to kiss me! Besides, I'm Megan Keller! Of course he will!" I wasn't sure what to think of this and decided I would not worry about it and go along. To my huge surprise and i'll be honest, slight disappointment, he was a complete gentleman the whole time. He did not kiss me for months afterward. Like four whole months. That is a long time in any dating situation, especially for two kissing hippies like us. So let's begin.

When we were in high school Drew literally called me every single day from the middle of September, until now.... and he would text me good morning every morning. When he called, he 9 times out of 10 would get my voice mail and would leave the same message yelling "MEGAN KELLER! YOU'RE RUINING MY HOPES AND DREAMS!!" It was annoying. And for some reason endearing. Sickening right? Anyway let's fast forward because I'm already talking too much with this story and go to spring break. It was the Friday right before school would start again.

I had been sick with a bad cold and hadn't made any plans because of how sick I felt, when Drew called and invited me to a "movie night with TONS of people at his house" I debated on going, but it was just the right timing for us to hang out again. I had ignored him thoroughly for the previous month and a half but right before spring break started it was his birthday and I couldn't help but tell him to have a fabulous day, which then opened the communication door wide open. My mom wasn't so sure about me going to Drew's house, I had never been there and she knew when Drew and I went on dates or hung out it was normally with my people not his. I took a lot of nyquil though and felt pretty good. Not so surprising though, was that the movie night ended up being me, Drew and Soren. Drew's best friend who had happened to have his wisdom teeth taken out and who was on a lot of heavy medication. We ended up driving around to try to find a girl who would hang out with Soren while he told Drew and I how we should date, awkward much? We hadn't even talked for almost two months and the first time we hung out we were supposed to start dating? I don't think so. After driving around for almost two hours we decided to go back to Drew's house and the nyquil was starting to really kick in and make me fuzzy. The boys decided they would watch some war movie and I took that as my cue to leave.

 Drew followed me outside and we made small talk, he hugged me and he was literally shaking. My head was so fuzzy I was confused thinking that I was really dizzy, but then I looked up and saw his frightened face. I had not seen a boy look that nervous while in my company but this kid was white, and shaking, I asked him what was wrong and he said "I think I want to kiss you" and I said "Well are you going to try?" (In my mind thinking MEGAN! What the freak are you saying you vixen?!? But seriously stop it! You don't even know what you're doing with your life!) Then while my inner dialogue was busy occupying my mind I looked up, felt him put his arms around me and bring me close to him, and experienced the fastest, shakiest, partially on my mouth kiss I had ever experienced. And honestly it was lovely and I was surprised. I then said "K see ya later" like nothing happened, got in my car and drove off.
I then started giggling like a stupid girl and called my best friend J White and said "I don't know what the hell just happened but I just kissed Drew Bongiovi! What am I doing?!?"
That is the complete story of our very. first. kiss.
Pretty silly but a very sweet memory of mine.

Until another time,

xoxo

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line