Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 12 Your Most Treasured Item

I will be honest with you and tell you that I really, really, really love and treasure my wedding ring. It is beautiful but it is also from drew and it never fails to remind me of the love and covenants I have made and Drew has made so that can be together for eternity.

Aside from that though I would say that I really truly treasure my patriarchal blessing and knowing who I am, and being able to pray and know that Heavenly Father is listening. It is an interesting thing because people always say that it is during the good times that everyone is maybe not as good at praying or being thankful, etc as much as they should be, but during the hard times the prayer count goes up a lot. I don't fit in there. I am so much better at everything when things are good, and when things are bad, I used to tend to close down to everyone as well as my Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that I was able to get my blessing and to know the divine role that I play in this world and at this time. It is a wonderful thing to have direction from such a loving and understanding Father in Heaven who only wants to help us get to where we need and want to go. I am thankful to know who I am. That I am not perfect, but that I someday will be if I continue to try. It is such a comfort to me to have the gospel in my life. There is never a day that I don't realize how lucky I am regardless of the funny things that happen in life.

 I am grateful for this time of year when everyone always tells each other Merry Christmas! It is great to be rejoicing in Christ and his birth regardless of what every person's religion is. There is a definite spirit during the holiday season and for that I am so happy. I guess what I treasure the most is the savior and everything that I have because of him. I am so thankful for his atonement. I am awed by his love and forgiveness. I am blessed everyday with his assurance and grace. There is no greater thing than to have the truthfulness of the gospel in a life and that I treasure most.

Merry Christmas. Remember the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line