Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 11 A Picture of Your Favorite Band

Here is the thing. I honestly do not have a favorite band. I love so many different genres of music that it would be lame to pretend like I liked one the most. I love emo screamo, country, indie, (some) rap, hip hop, classical, opera..... you get where I am going with this. As far as concerts go though I do love warped tour and the really exciting concerts. The reason I chose the band I did was because I got to see them in concert and I kissed the lead singer and I liked it! =) Here is the story,

My beautiful friend Jessica and I LOVE Escape the Fate and have been true followers of them since 7th grade. We found that they were coming to Boise when we were seniors in high school and the tickets were pretty cheap. STOKED. The catch for my parents to let us go was that we had to get someone to go with us. Drew at the time was dating another girl but was continuously pursuing me and we were all good friends so we asked if he would come with us. He said yes and so we all went together. Jess knew some other people there but I wanted to be in on the action. I went to the very front (we were early which is hilarious because literally concerts are the ONLY thing I have ever been early to.) Drew came with me and stood behind me so I wouldn't get smooshed. I was at the front the whole concert, there was even a part where the lead singer sang to me holding my hand singing the song, (no this is not a joke) titled, "You are so beautiful" HEAVEN!At least to my freshly 18 year old self.  It was especially exciting because he did not touch anyone else the entire show, no hand taps, no points, nothing, just to me. I told Jessica that I was going to kiss him and she laughed at me and I said, no for real, I've always wanted to kiss a famous person before I die and it is going to be him. So after the show the band came out and we went up to them but all of the courage and nerve left me, but thanks to Jess she walked right up to him and said  "my friend wants to kiss you, will you kiss her?" SO EMBARRASSING, I luckily have never had to ask to be kissed by a boy any other time, but he looked at me, smiled and very enthusiastically said "Yeah I'll kiss her!" So he leans over to me puts his hand on the back of my head and kissed me for a good ten seconds. Then all of the other girls tried to get him to kiss them and he said no! Astounding. Drew was pretty mad at this point taking pictures of us and holding our coats but it is a memory that I will always smile back on. (Side note: Drew said that he fell in love with me on our very first date when we went to the newest James Bond movie and I told him the model of the car (an Aston Martin) and he himself did not know it. But it was at that concert that he knew he had to have me. He quickly broke up with his girlfriend after that.) Now the pictures to follow i'm sure several of you would cringe at but I thought he was so smoldering. Still do if you want to honest truth, but what you can't see from the pictures is that he has tiny piercings all the way around his mouth, (not smoldering,) and after the concert I went home with stars in my eyes to google and find out that he has a daughter. Romance ended. But it was a fantastic concert and a great story to tell my kids one day when they're like 30.
Middle man at the most front. Oh Craig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line