Tuesday, November 15, 2011

On Truth Tuesday


Hellosy!

Are we all impressed that I actually knew the right day and am blogging accordingly? Your welcome ;)

So anyway let's truth it up shall we?

While in Boise the main point in going was to recruit for Utah State (part of my fab scholarship). I went to Kuna, and Mountain View and did an open house that was at a hotel for all of the Boise schools. Sometimes I feel discouraged by the responsibilities of my scholarship and feel like i'm not helping or making a difference at all but I was so grateful for the opportunity to go to the open house because I had 5! FIVE! CINCO! (
Speaking of khakis, have you ever noticed that whoever created them also happened to create math? And most likely biology? And that they also are super boring humans? Yeah, those khakis, glad I get to wear them for my job and all of my scholarship events. Balllllinnnn oh wait.. boooorrrrrinnnnnng Can we please just make a dark wash trouser the new khaki? Whoever told every business that khakis were professional definitely lied and are now laughing about it because their business is doing waaaayyy better than all of the rest of us khaki wearing fools

you know how everyone is bandwaggin' on being grateful this month? I'm all for that and all but I said I was grateful for prayer and somebody else that is better than me must have also thought that but was praying the opposite of me, I was praying that the science building would start on fire so that I wouldn't have to fail my biology exam, which I basically did, instead of having to have a fire drill? WHAT IS THE DEAL?!?!

Yesterday I had that moment in every person's life where they have a lot of serious decisions that need to be made really quickly but that are important decisions that have long term effects. I was meeting with my advisor who told me I needed to slooooooowwwww down. Say what? I could graduate this semester with a few classes in the summer and then be donesy! (Until graduate school anyway) and while discussing it all, he said "well what do you want to do? you do like this major don't you? you do still want to go to graduate school don't you?" ughhhh, then there was this awkward part where a part of me wanted to say "well yeah, but you know I want to be a cosmetologist, but I also want to be a Disney Princess voice over, and I also want to be a rockstar and a novelist and a fashion designer and a lawyer and an icon and, and, and......" because all of a sudden I wasn't quite sure of all of the things I needed and wanted to do in my life and the fact I had to answer the question made it seem like I actually couldn't be Miley Cyrus if I wanted to be? HUH? so then I said to myself "rockstar" (for clarification i call myself that because it is a pun (the Bongiovi last name, ha. ha.) and I also secretly think i'm a rockstar....) anyway! "Rockstar, what do you want to do? Why are you trying to graduate sooner? Is it really what you want to do or are you just trying to be done? Have you taken all of the classes, and learned all of the learning and done all of the doning?" My Rockstar self answered, "Nay I am not sure that I have" so I have decided to slow down a little, take more classes that I just want to take and enjoy things a little, (LOT) more thoroughly. I think I grew up into an adult yesterday. I did what so many adults want to do, but I actually did it. So here is to enjoying this delicious life

and here's to you,


xoxo


M

ps! I have decided that if I get 50 followers I am going to do a give away! I don't care if you think it's lame cause I don't! I think it's exciting! In fact I want to win but unfortunately it is against the ethics of this blog to do that. Boooo. Anyways get to stalking or whatevs then afterwards you can just take yourself off. But please don't. That would be really sad. Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line