Saturday, November 26, 2011

On Living LIfe

The hardest thing about death is that the living have to keep on living-Anonymous

This is how I feel. On Tuesday a dear friend from work passed away unexpectedly. Her life touched so many others in so many ways. She was an amazing and strong woman and I will miss her.I hate death. I get angry and upset and I can't communicate my feelings and I just get so worked up because I don't understand why things happen sometimes. I am one of those people who wishes that after something like this, life could stop for a while but I know that wouldn't do anyone any good. Life is all about progression, either forward or backwards and I know I would rather be better tomorrow than worse than I was yesterday. Because I am not good at communicating my thoughts and feelings I created a blog so that I would be able to do that, so here are some things I really wish I could say but can't and don't know how and have no one really to tell them to, but I need to get them out,

Ginger: I will never forget the way you answered the phone when I would call you. I won't forget your beautiful smile. I won't forget all of the times you would make me laugh because you knew I was having a hard time at work. I will never forget our talks about life and all of the wisdom that you shared with me. I will never forget your humor and the way you could say things that nobody else could and it was ok because it was you. I will never forget your encouragement of following my dream and going to beauty school as well as encouraging me to stay in school when all I wanted to do was drop out. I will never forget all of your sarcastic remarks when you would come back to my desk or how we were always in the bathroom at work at the same time and how we would always talk there. I will never forget how when we were finally close enough I could tell you that you scared the crap out of me when I first met you and how you belly-laughed at that. I will never forget how you were such a good mom and worked so hard. I will never forget your compassion for others and how you could see through other people's eyes. I will never forget how smart you were and always knew something about about everything. I will never forget the twinkle in your eyes and the tone of your voice. Every day I will think of you and will feel blessed to have known you. Thank you for showing me the importance of living the life that you want and having a passion for what you do. I will miss you along with so many others. Love-

Meg

wish me luck for the funeral I am hoping I can handle it.

2 comments:

  1. Love you Meg! Such great memories of Ginger, we're all going to miss her. Thanks for sharing cute girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two totally would have talked in the bathroom. That was a perfect paragraph.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line