Friday, September 2, 2011

One Year OLDER and WISER Too.......

Why, Hello 21......
Well my birthday happened. Now I'm old. Ok not really, I am actually feeling quite youthful. My birthday was spent with 100 other people doing fun activities for a leadership retreat for my scholarship for Utah State. Spouses were allowed to come for the days activities so Drew was able to come with and we did activities at the USU ropes course and ate lunch and dinner and watched some fabulous skits before Mr. had to drive home. I then slept on an outside balcony and there was a huge thunderstorm over bear lake that I got to watch. Happy 21 years of life to me. We then continued to celebrate my birthday after I got home Thursday night, and had a fun family dinner party on Friday night. I love birthdays! Then Saturday we bought a couch! I'M SO HAPPY! I'm such an old lady, but for some reason buying big purchases together that only belong just to us make us so happy and it's exciting. 

I am now also a junior in COLLEGE. Wowza. Being a junior in college makes me almost as excited as buying our couch, almost. I am learning a few things in my old age though, you really learn who your true friends are as time goes along. You start to learn what's important and what's not, and also learn who you want to be around that thinks similar things. Being a responsible adult and just human being in general, is actually a good thing. And you realize who you are as a person. I like those things. It is a strange feeling to me to be on campus and not be worried about where I'm going or if I will make friends in my classes. My first day of school I just went to my first class and then remembered I hadn't even looked to see where my classes were located or in what order and I didn't panic or even think twice about it. 

Last night on our early date night, we were returning some things at a store and there were two girls working at one of the stores. The poor girl was having a hard time ringing things up and returning them and we started talking. In a matter of minutes I learned that they were doing their math homework and had just moved up last week and were best friends and live together and the one's boyfriend totally kind of broke up with her and she had been crying all day and the other girl's boyfriend totally is going to U of U and maybe since they've dated a while they would get married and how long have I been married? That's so cute. Oh My Gosh there are no cute boys here, we have given them three days and there aren't any and what are we going to do?
Ummmm? Wait didn't you both just say something about your boyfriends? It brought me back to my freshmen year and made me feel so experienced or something. 

I found myself telling these girls to be patient. Where the best places in Logan are. Where the cute boys are. I also found myself telling them that things work out. That they really do work out the way they are supposed to. How I was almost engaged, and then got married to someone else in less than a year and how right it was that it all happened the way it did. How crying over the boyfriends make you stronger but that when you are married and you look back how you laugh at your silliness. When I left I told them both to say Hi on campus if they saw us and they thanked me for talking to them and making them feel sooo much better. "And oh my gosh everything is going to be ok and I feel so much better and things will work out right?" 

It is funny to be reminded of things. How thankful I am that I am where I am now, but also that I had the experiences I had to get up to this point. It's interesting to get older but not be old just to have a little more insight. 

That is all for this Friday, 

Hope that you are all having a wonderful day, 

xoxo


M

1 comment:

Drop a Love Line