Monday, January 2, 2012

Here's to 2012

This year was literally one of the hardest years of my life. Having Drew leave for longer than we were married was difficult for both of us, the first two months we talked a total of 7 times all less than 15 minutes was really suckish. I can honestly say that we probably dealt with some of the hardest trials that we will ever have to face that I am so thankful is getting better. I learned a lot about myself. I always said I would never be married to somebody in the military and here I am a military wife. Since D has been home he has gone on 5 trips and now i'm a pro! I have learned who the people are that are my true friends and who genuinely care about me, and us, and who I want to have in my life. It has been hard learning who my real friends are and who aren't but for that I am grateful also, I feel i've had enough fake friends/people in my life that for now i'm finally to a point where I don't have to care or put any effort into them anymore and I feel very relieved. I am looking forward to a new year and for new things. I am excited for a full year of being with my husband for all 12 months in a row! YES!!!!! This year I went to Texas, twice, got a dog, twice, got a new job, at the same place, and learned a lot. I turned 21, celebrated our year anniversary and my very best friend got married. There were a lot of times this year that I felt all alone and learned to depend on Heavenly Father and I am thankful for the love and support that I have felt from Him when I felt absolutely alone with no one to talk to. I have learned I am a lot stronger than I thought, that I know the things that are important to me and I am willing to fight for them, and that I don't have to prove anything to anyone and I can choose my own happiness. I am so looking forward to this new year and I hope you all a lovely evening with lots of love,
Just a few pictures from this year, here's to more blogging, more laughing, more chocolate, more kisses and all around more happiness and less stress. Here's to you 2012! xoxo M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line