Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Look Back.....

This New Year's Eve is technically mine and Mr's 4th together. FOURTH! Whoa right? That makes us #1. Feel freaking old. #2. Reflect a lot on how we've changed as people. #3. Feel pretty dang lucky that the two cooooooolest people (for each other) met, married and are just livin' it up. This picture above was last year exactly at midnight as our first New Year's Eve as a married couple. I'm glad I caught it on film. And I will continue to snatch a kissing picture at midnight for the rest of forever! New year's is always an interesting holiday when so many people are so focused on being with someone special to kiss, (although most meet someone the week of on an online dating service and later can't even remember who they were with, how romantic) as well as the resolutions to be better that normally comes to terms that they will not be reached 4 weeks later and that they will have to put it off again for another 11 months. Regardless I like this holiday. I sadly will admit that I always wondered on New Year's Eve who I would be kissing the following year and how funny it was for me to see who exactly was the next one up on the kissing list, anyways, on New Year's Eve 2008-2009 I never would have thought that the boy I was listening to talk on the phone would also be the boy I ended up marrying, let me give you a run-down, My Darling was a bit of a party-er in our early days. That year was our senior year of high school, I had been invited to numerous events (that is the truth believe it or not after I tell you what my night's events were) but I decided to babysit for some of my most favorite people instead. I got about 6 phone calls from D that night, he was at a huge party and was continuously getting more and more slurred and I was getting more and more sure that his hopes of us dating were never going to happen but was entertained nonetheless. After I was done babysitting my best girlfriends were all meeting at my house for a slumber party and we all met there right as D. called one of my best friends who had just left the party he was at, we all sat in my bedroom while he was on speakerphone continually slurring, "I have a school boy crush on her, I just have a school boy crush on her and I don't know what to do! I've had it forever, as long as I have known her. How can I get her to be with me?" We all were trying our hardest not to laugh because he thought that Jess was at her house and in the middle of his conversation with her he got really sober and said "Jessica where are you?" and we all almost died, as she tried to tell him that she was at her house, he then said "you are with Megan right now aren't you?" luckily she convinced him otherwise and the poor guy believed her and was not pleasantly surprised when I told him the next day how charming he was when He wasn't sure what he was saying. Nonetheless I told Jess to let him know that as long as he drank I would never, never, never date him. And I am proud to report that, that is the last time my dear husband was in a drunken stupor. And although I was partially disgusted and annoyed, he was adorably sappy and I couldn't help but like that he was so wrapped up in me. Now don't take that story the wrong way because we all know I above most people do not like drinking in the slightest but I can't help but think about our first official New Year's "together" and laugh at where we are at now. For the record today we took all of our Christmas decorations and trees down and then went to Hobby Lobby for over two hours and both came home with shiz from there and have since starting decorating for Love Day! We already watched the Red Bull New Year's No Limit's and are continuing the night by watching the Big Bang Theory and a big smooch in less than an hour. I'll be honest and say I can't wait for this hell-hole of a year to be over (no offense to you people that liked this year, but ick, no thanks! I prefer the even years) I'm very much looking forward to things like my 18 month anniversary, half birthday, Drew's birthday, my birthday and all of the other holidays and fun things that are in store for all of us. Love you Yay-Hoos and hope you are having a safe and wonderful holiday and enjoying the rest of your life in the year 2011 love love xoxo M

2 comments:

  1. So you're telling me if I call you when I drink I have no chance... dang it I'm so much more charming then. I guess I'll just call 'baby daddy on a side road' instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!! Nat you would!! You are a brat :)))

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line