Sunday, January 8, 2012

On those special moments

Today was a lovely day, Drew came home yesterday and because he has been gone a week he wasn't required to go to drill today and so was able to come to church with me. It was fast Sunday which D normally misses because Drill weekend and fast Sunday are always on the same weekends and both adjust to Holidays and are still on the same weekends. It was so nice having him there with me because Fast Sunday has always been my favorite. While during sacrament meeting I kept trying to get D to go up and bear his testimony, I even told him I would pay him $5. Yeah, I AM that kind of wife, but we never shook on it, I gave up and he went up anyway. Did he tell everyone in our ward that I tried to bribe him and pay him $5, why yes, yes he did. Awesome. I was so embarrassed which is a pretty hard thing to accomplish but it happened. He did a wonderful job and then I went up because I felt like I had to redeem myself, the poor ward got a lot of the Bongiovi's today. The thing is though, I had never heard Drew bear his testimony before. I know what he believes and how he feels about the gospel, but sometimes it is good to have some public reassurance as well. He hates speaking in public about things that are personal and so has avoided ever sharing his testimony except once and I was gone. What are the odds? I am so blessed to have him in my life, and I just adore him. Just! Adore! Then we came home and watched Legacy and I bawled the entire time. Man! It is good to be reminded of just how lucky and blessed we are and today I got a lot of reminders of which I am greatful. I hope your day was lucky as well, M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line