Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Truth Tuesday:Blunt Style

We are exhausted here at the Bongiovi house. Seriously. Thursday evening around 5:30 D called me at work to say that we needed to drive to Boise, that night. I started throwing a huge fit and saying I couldn't just drop everything and get work off, he said we needed to go, we were needed and he felt like we should. I said "think about it more and call me back" He called back at 5:45 and said again he felt like we needed to go. So I called my boss(es) and they let me go bless them both. The reason for this fanatic trip was that Drew's Brother in law's uncle was missing. That seems a little hard to follow but go ahead and do it and then keep reading. Drew knew this uncle and has worked on his brother in law's (and his family's) ranch and is very close with his family as is D's Mom and step-dad and Dad and step mom. They were all very distraught and needed help looking and working on their ranch. So, away we went. Poor D who had been up at his regular 3:00am Thursday morning drove to Salt Lake and back and then all the way to Boise and didn't go to bed that night/morning until 1:30am. Then all day Friday and Saturday we were down at celebration park looking for a body. Awful. I have never had to do something like that, and hope I never have to again. I didn't even know Kevin and yet I was still an emotional roller coaster and trying my hardest to be brave. They still haven't found his body. He was fishing and they think he fell in. So sad. He was 51. I have also never had such a strong sense of gratitude for my knowledge of the plan of salvation. No one in their family is LDS and are all having a very hard time. I can't even comprehend what it must be like to think you will never see someone in your family again. Heart breaking. The next thing for this truth day is that i'm so sick of all the fake people. Seriously the older I get the more fake the people around me are getting. It's annoying and makes me want to punch people. I wish that us, as humans would stop trying so hard, stop comparing, stop trying to prove something to each other, to calm down and to just be. The more people start trying to act "different" the more I want to stop being their "friend," I'm all about people being themselves and having differences, but I'm sick of all of the fakeness. so please stop. There is so much time that is wasted as well as effort and I for one would much rather be surrounded by open, honest and real people. That is all. xo M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line