Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Truth Tuesday: Happy Birthday Drew Style

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DASHING HUSBAND! HE TURNED 21 TODAY!!! In celebration of my darling, I decided I would do some past birthday pictures in commemoration. One thing that is funny to both of us, when Drew and I dated on/off/on/off/on etc in high school, and it was mostly a secret anyway, I decided I wasn't going to talk to him anymore. I lasted a whole month and a half, I wouldn't answer the phone, the texts, would ignore him when he tried to talk to me, and avoid him at all costs because I did NOT want to be caught in his web, I was doing soooo good too, until it was his Birthday, and I wasn't paying good enough attention, and I ran straight into him and said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" i'm such a sucker for birthdays, and it was history from there. Now we are married and he gets all of the benefits of a married man. I.E. having me wake up with him at 3:30 and constantly singing birthday songs from primary until I couldn't sing anymore! Then he also came home to a four-pack of root beer! Nothing says "I'm freaking 21!!!" Like some glass bottled root-beer. Nice.
Birthdays 2010, 2011 and now 2012!!! Last year it just so happened that Drew graduated from Basic Training/Boot Camp two days before his birthday so I got to be with him on his birthday which was awesome since he had been gone for two and a half months and we hadn't talked more than 10 minutes at a time per week up until then. Talk about a happy birthday! Today Drew went to work but was allowed to get off early and he came home and we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse with my parents. Then my Mom and Dad and my sister and nephew came over for trifle and presents. Considering D got money to buy his handgun, concert tickets to Escape the Fate, and a lot of other fun stuff I would say it was a pretty successful birthday. That's all, I got to go snuggle my birthday dude. xoxo M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line