Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Truth Tuesday

Here I am, another Tuesday night just living it up at home. Actually these days staying up past 9:00pm is considered living it up at our house. Drew is gone for the night and won't be home until tomorrow, and I am not quite tired enough to sleep. He did inform me tonight that on Saturday instead of going to Europe like he thought, he got switched to a different trip to go to Virginia, *sigh, I love Virginia! Honestly it almost made me more jealous than when he told me he would probably just end up going to Hawaii like always, (yeah what a bummer....) I'm just glad he gets to have cool experiences with his job and he keeps our bargain of bringing me home a present from wherever he goes. Not too bad for either of us. Although I in NO way regret my decision of taking a break from school, I would be lying if I didn't admit that everyone going awesome places for the next week(s) isn't making me want to just hop on a plane to anywhere. So I need to lose some weight. I've briefly mentioned this a few times, but mostly in like a "this part isn't important so move on to the next part of what i'm saying to save us all from the embarrassment" type of a thing. Well I have started to become a lot more committed than in the previous months. The cause? Aside obviously from health/pride benefits, I thought two weeks ago I was pregnant (this happens a lot in my life, no not because I don't know what BC is, but because i've never had to worry about it before so even at the slightest chance I have a huge meltdown, poor D.) anyway and as selfish as a person that I am my first two thoughts that I cried the hardest over were #1.It will be so much harder to lose this weight after a baby!!! and #2. I REALLY WANT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND! Yep. That is the truth, as Drew was trying to get me to calm down repeatedly asking me what I was thinking, and I explained this through heaving sobs, he started laughing right in my face. Serves me right I agree, but still, he just smiled and said if you are pregnant you're supposed to be pregnant, we'll figure it out, and if not lose the weight and we'll go to Disneyland! See I've never been there, and I have a few OVERLY obsessed people at work who seriously have gone multiple times since I have worked there and I think I have caught their bug. I really, really want to go. So our plan is to go in the next few months when D doesn't have a trip and I can get work off and away we'll go! So now I'm basically a health buff, actually still not at all, I have been working out consistently and have started drinking smoothies with spinach and fruit in them though, surprisingly I think they are really delicious. It all happened when D. was in California this weekend and I was stuck on the couch watching infomercials at 7:30am about juicers etc. Those things are the death of me, seriously. But I have decided that the only way to make progress is to document some of my progress and to be accountable and what better way than this blog? Not much I believe. Today I watched the KONY 2012 video and was amazed. Seriously. I love the cause and am so sad I am just learning about it. If you haven't already seen it, PLEASE, go watch it. Seriously life changing for us, and for those that need our help. Loved. xoxo M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line