Tuesday, December 6, 2011

On Truth Tuesday

Well this truth tuesday started out as a rough one.


As in one of those days you feel like "i hate being married and i'm angry and i am going to punch you and freak out" but then you accidentally say a few of those silly things and yell and holler and slam the bedroom door. Hard. Like so hard that part of your wrist hurt and then you instantly start crying because you didn't mean it and you are just stressed and need to drop out of school pronto but you know that isn't actually going to happen so you have small(large) freak outs instead?? I hadn't slammed the bedroom door like that before in our marriage or in my life. There was a part of it that was exhilarating for like a millionth of a second because it was dramatic and loud and shocking, and then you say in your head "you are going cray cray and being dramatic ended with the civil war. Idiot" needless to say it was an eventful morning at our house and I tell you these thins for two reasons, number one. so that you can judge me saying things like "oh no no no I am a way better wife!" or things like "someday when I am married I will neverrrrrr do thattttttt" (with long sounding words and shakes of the head) and that's ok! do those things just do it! and number two. I tell you because I am real. And although I love being married and I love life and I like all of the good things, bad things happen too, they just do. and to hide and pretend like it doesn't it just silly. Sillier than even slamming that damn door I dare say. My real question is "But what do the neighbors think??" I don't know any of them but oh would I like to know that.

I smell sort of like a grandma, not in a bad way. Both of my Grandmas smell lovely at all times, but since the only black shopping I did was online at Sephora.com I have been smelling all of the lovely samples. Ahhhhhhhhh I love samples. And smelling like a darling Grandma. One of my favorite activities even to this day is going through both of my Grandma's cupboards in their bathrooms and smelling every lotion, oil, perfume, cologne, spray, salt, scrub and any other concoction that I can get my hands on. I remember one day vividly in my head sitting on the floor with all of my Grandma Keller's perfumes out around me and really not smelling anything anymore thinking, "someday I will be a lady when I have a lot of lotions and perfumes" I think that is why I have such a plethora of those things even though I don't often wear lotion (though that's changing because this UT winter shizzz is literally making my skin fall off!) or perfume it is the nostalgia that comes with it that I like. That goes for makeup as well. My love of lipstick came directly from those two beauties.

Dutch is still alive. I think that is important to note. We still love him too. We even went on a mini va-cay and took him to visit Tippy and her Mr. since D had to go to SLC and Mr. Dutch. Button. Oh! He went to the door and whined each time he needed to go out! WHAT A GOOD BOY!! Then as soon as we came home he peed right in front of our door. Fab.

I am thankful today for the joy that reading brings me. I have been immersed in a book this past day and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't been able to read even close to the amount that I would like this past semester and there are few things that are as relaxing to me as getting caught up in a good story.


School is almost done for this semester. Then in January I will technically be a senior in college. That is a good feeling. Even though I probably won't finish early as I had planned I still am happy that I am this far because I can't not finish now I am just too close not to.

One last thing. You know my one professor that I do not entirely like? Well I am pleased to inform you that my class chose my paper to submit to a publishing company out of all of the other papers in my class. The reason that gives me so much joy is because I know it annoyed him that they chose me and it also annoyed him that I wasn't in class when they chose and that when I was in class the next time I didn't believe them and we all thought it was funny since i'm never even in the class. (but everyone should go to their classes regularly). It was a sweet victory in a small way I will say that.

That really is all I have today, other than has anyone else noticed that the Utopian land of Pinterest is all of a sudden becoming a little ugly? I keep seeing a lot of negative posts and mean comments and I sure don't like that at all. Love and Peace guys. And kisses.


M

1 comment:

  1. Megan, I hate when people pretend there is no such thing as a problem in their marriage. I think its healthy to have a few problems, helps you get to know each other better. :) miss you on FB btw!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line