Friday, October 5, 2012

Things I'm Loving Lately

Hello Lovelies, Since it has been a little ho-hum and glum around here lately I decided we needed a little lightening up. So here are a few things I am loving lately. #1 I went on a date last Friday. As in he came and picked me up, we went to a movie and ice cream etc etc. He was such a great guy too (I was surprised, it was a blind date and that shiz can be a little sketch) but it was a great time. I was so so nervous. I haven't been in that scene for so long I found myself over stressing about things a LOT. I have never been one to worry about dates or get self conscious, not because I am not insecure but mostly my excitement always outweighs it but I was so nervous I almost backed out last minute. I am really glad I didn't though. I needed to go, and even though I am by no means looking for a relationship or anything that vaguely resembles it, I did need to get out of my comfort zone so that I would know I could do it and that the next time I wouldn't be too scared.
My new sweatshirt from Victoria Secret. For those of you that hate the "Love Pink" when it isn't on an actual pink piece of clothing I get it, it's confusing when you are reading PINK and the pants are OBVIOUSLY neon green, it's like you start questioning the functionality of your brain and eyes and wondering if they somehow didn't connect correctly and you went color blind. Anyway I know it can be annoying and I felt the same way but I love their sweatshirts so much I don't mind confusing a few peeps. Plus this has fur inside so it is basically being wrapped inside of a teddy bear. Which is exactly what I wanted so that is good news.
Miss Tan-Tan. She and I started the cosmetology program together on the same day and what do you know, we became instant buds. She and I are not alike, she is quiet and reserved and (almost) shy while I am out of control and have no filter. I have been so blessed to have her in my life. Not only was she my first friend at school but she also has proven to be one of the best friends that I could ask for and is now my roommate and even got me a job. Seriously? She is amazing and I am so thankful for her sweetness and consistency in a time of my life that has been anything but.
Candice, Taylor and Bailey are some of the other biggest blessings that I have in my life right now. The fact that I have continued to go to school through this process has probably been more of a surprise to me than it is to anyone else. Everyday the idea of staying home in my bed all day and crying seems like the obvious choice but with these girls at school encouraging me and loving me and making me laugh every single day all I want to do is be around them. They are so positive and fun and help me to see the good in life at all times. I know for certain that I was supposed to meet them, I just was. They are each amazing girls (this is including Tan-Tan) with so many individual fabulous qualities in each of them. I feel like every day I am learning something about strength and consistency from Bailey, Compassion and Empathy from Taylor, Humor and Wisdom from Candice and Patience and Hope from Tan. I like myself when I am around them and that is something I have really needed to recognize in my life. I am set on making everything in my life positive and not negative and they help me with that unknowingly every day which I know is a direct blessing from Heavenly Father, he knew they were each exactly what I needed.
Finally the last thing I am loving lately is how much support and love I have felt from so many of you. The amount of uplifting texts, emails, comments etc has been so appreciated truly. Thank you for caring and for encouraging and for giving me perspective. It has been that every single time I have received a message of some sort from someone it has been in direct correlation with a silent prayer I have been praying for strength, so thank you for personally answering my prayers. XOXO M

4 comments:

  1. You are beautiful, Inside and out!
    I miss you!!!
    Keep being so strong! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl, you got this! And might I add that you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chantel thank you! Your comments are always so nice and make my day :)

      Delete

Drop a Love Line