Thursday, October 25, 2012

These days I don't really believe in love. I don't trust anyone. I don't trust anyone's intentions. I just feel like everyone only cares about themselves and the idea of caring about someone more than myself again seems really, really foolish. It's when I feel like this that I am the most grateful for the gospel in my life. Even though I don't feel like I deserve the blessings that I have received in my life, or that I continue to be blessed with, I am reassured that I have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ whose love is one that I know my mortal mind wouldn't even be able to understand. I am grateful for the constant encouragement I feel from them even when I feel that I can't do it anymore. Not another day, not another step, not another fake smile, not another anything, I am lifted up and can continue. I am also grateful for my family, most days I feel like somewhere up in Heaven when we got to decide what families we would be with, I must have begged and begged to be with mine because I don't deserve any of them one bit. I am very blessed, even on my hardest and worst days. There is always something to be grateful for. M

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh girl, I can relate to your first 2 sentences 100000000%. I don't think I've ever heard someone state more clearly how I feel than what you just said. I'm so glad you are finding the love of Christ through all this. It will get you through. And you are doing amazing! Even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes, you are TOUGH and STRONG and BEAUTIFUL!! AND YOU ARE COMPLETELY DESERVING OF LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line