Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Do You Hear That? It's the Sound of a New Start...."

See: Now is the Start by A Fine Frenzy It is sucha great song, it is so peppy :) Especially coming from A Fine Frenzy, I really love her music but normally she is more like Adele and less like Elle Goulding but I like it. Today I would like to talk about shiz. That's all I really talk about anyways but I might as well keep that up right? One thing that keeps cracking me up is the amount of people that keep telling me "Don't worry, there's someone out there for you, just be patient." Don't get me wrong I think that is really nice that people think that someone else would be willing to take a chance on me at this point, or in the future, or whenever, that is nice. But I have a few issues with that because it's like no one even considered that maybe I don't WANT to be with anyone else? Yeah I get that I have always had at least one (5) guys attached at the hip at all times most of my life, but I have started learning that I don't need a dude to be happy. Not in the slightest. Sometimes it is nice to think something and feel something and not be inclined to have to share it with anyone but myself and be able to appreciate it for what it is, a good thought, or a happy feeling and appreciate myself without having to seek validation from another person. But at the same time if you know a cool single dude that wants to hang out with a cool crazy girl, hook a sister up you know what i'm saying? (ha!!) Anyway lets get to the real point of this point, I have an ongoing list of some things I need to do in the next year and maybe a little longer ish that I am already looking forward to. I love to celebrate things, life, this journey, in general. I have been feeling really grateful lately just realizing how many possibilities are out there just waiting for me to go and experience them, and I fully intend to. So here goes, *Go to DISNEYLAND!! (yayayayayayayayay!!!! I'm going next week so so excited!!!!!!) *Go SKYDIVING! (this will be happening on February 24th, my half birthday since I didn't have as big of a celebration as normal this year I decided my half-birthday party would have to be bigger than it normally is, which to me is still a pretty big deal) *Learn how to BOX! (i.e. punching people with gloves and it's legal!! I am starting this Thursday!! WOOOOOO) *Get into SHAPE (and just be healthier in general) *Run a half marathon (see previous) *Buy a motorcycle next summer (riding through the canyon everyday in the summer sounds divine) *Read the book of Mormon at least once *Be kinder *Find ways to serve others consistently *Get some crafts on (this may never be successful but i'm going to try!) *Crowd surf (every screamo concert I have had the opportunity to and never have, this year I WILL!) *Go to EUROPE (this is where the ISH comes in, I am planning on taking a trip to Europe when I graduate beauty school next year in the month or two I have before I go back to USU to finish my degree, I have got to see Versailles and Auschwitz I just have to) *Go to Seattle in April for the tulip festival with my Momsy *Be social and don't become a hermit (i.e. make a lot of new friends) *STAY POSITIVE *KEEP GOING *BE GRATEFUL etc. So far that's all I have, sorry this list is confusing, somehow I made it so that my blog doesn't space into paragraphs or anything, I obviously don't know how I did that or how I fix it, but it is what it is. If you have any other great ideas for things I should be doing let me know I'd love to hear your ideas :) Xoxo M

2 comments:

  1. I want to box!!! Where are you boxing at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan!(: Im way proud of you(: and i too have a bunch of things i'd like to do. they arent happenening within the year but still i want to do them.. i created my own bucket list and it contains over 140 things that i want to hopefully do someday. I think it is awesome that you are creating these goals for yourself. dont ever turn back on them or let them slip away.

    P.S. tell me how sky diving is(: i wanna go someday but im too scared to!(:

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line