Thursday, February 23, 2012

Marriage Stuff

Last night at work one of the cute girls I work with asked my opinion on whether or not you feel 100% sure, is there a "soulmate" etc. We talked about it a little bit but then it got busy and I was leaving for the night, I just kept thinking about it though, over and over again because I remember feeling the way she felt. I wrote her a message today telling her what I thought and why, and I felt like it was something I wanted to remember later on so I am documenting it on my blog :) "My official answer to your question is in two parts. Number one, I honestly think that it depends on the person, and number two, I think that there is two parts to it. With the guy previous to Drew I knew I could marry him and we could make it work if I wanted to, but, like I explained last night I really evaluated how I wanted my life to be like and who I wanted to share that with, what good/bad they brought out etc. When I decided to be with that guy, I still just kept having feelings of, "I know this can work but at the same time I don't know?" That kind of questioning led me to the life evaluation, where I looked at each person, I looked at myself, and I really pondered on where I wanted my life to go, how it would be, and who I wanted to spend it with, and then it led me to Drew. After I chose to be with Drew and after we eventually got engaged, there were a lot of times where we both questioned what we were doing, which I think is important honestly, marriage is a huge deal and it is really hard. I can tell you also, that I have had a few different friends who knew for a fact that they were marrying "the one" and have since either gotten a divorce or have said they were wrong, that it wasn't really the spirit and blamed everyone and everything else for their marriage problems. The reason I am telling you this is because I think it is important that you know that you DO have a choice, you have the agency to choose who to be with, and then when things get hard, you realize, YOU are the one who chose the person you were with and why. After I decided to marry Drew I had moments of doubt, but never like I had with the previous guy, the day Drew and I got married, while we were waiting outside of the sealing room I got this overwhelming feeling of "this is the right thing" and I can honestly say I have probably never had a feeling from the spirit that strongly and distinctly. So that is why I believe it is a two part system. I chose Drew and He chose me, but I believe that Heavenly Father also wanted us to be together if WE wanted to be together." The end. xoxo M

4 comments:

Drop a Love Line