Sunday, June 12, 2011

On Facing Your Fears.......

Facing your fears is only sort of what this post is about. It is really about progressing. I have found in my life when I am not actively doing something to be better I not only don't become better in something, I start to lose how good I was at something. I think it is probably similar with most people. You can't be a gymnast for ten years and stop for twenty and be as good as you were automatically. Also I have found that it is so easy to get caught up in not doing too much that instead I can do nothing. It is easy to get complacent in life and that is so pointless regardless of your situation. Becoming better every day makes not only yourself better, but it also makes the world better. Today I came across this quote "your children will become who you are, so be what you want them to be." I thought this was such an astounding and impacting quote. Who we are as people matter so much to who we are shaping as people. So that brings me to my next topic and reason as to why I am posting.


So I am posting about this because I have decided it will help me face my fear. It is of running. I know that is weird. But seriously I hate running. [oh wait i hate moving..] anyway I have always been really self conscious when it came to running because I am not long and lean and lanky and it seems like there is a certain level of something-ness that you need to have to do it. But I also think that it is something I would enjoy if I just could do it. I have been trying for a while but my sister has finally gotten me to do something about it and we are going to do a half marathon in September. WHOA. I used to really enjoy sports, mainly soccer, I loved soccer, but after I started getting more involved in Student Council and clubs I didn't work out as often or at all. I am not the healthiest person, mainly because I am a college student, but I really do not want that to be a lifestyle for our family. Also the Mr. is so active that I want to be able to do all of the things that he wants to do but it makes me so nervous because I haven't done anything really. But I am determined to become not only a "runner" but also to just be healthier for myself. There are so many great things that come from being healthy, it is proven you have better relationships, less chance of depression, longer life, a higher satisfaction in your life, I could go on and on. So what I am asking is this, if you have any tips for running or training or recipes that are healthy but also delicious tasting please send them my way! I decided if I posted this then I would have to stick to it, which is why it has taken me so long to post it. That is all, have a lovely evening


M

1 comment:

  1. Yea for running! I'm so excited for you, you are about to get SO sucked in!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line