Saturday, July 23, 2011

On Our Life Lately......

So after my "Truth Thursday" I felt kind of bad for the few kind people who meander over and read my blog. Haven't heard from me for a while, the cute husband comes home, and I'm a lame A and complain? I'm sure the people that read it decided they would boycott me from then on as a blog to read, but this post is to make up for it a little and also to let you know of the things that we have been doing basically on the weekends,

So Friday night has been, and always will be our date night. I am very feisty and demanding, which means I often get what I want and date night is an essential part to my happiness, but sweet chicken likes them too. On Thursday I had this plan to surprise him and take him to buy either a tent or a headlamp, two things he has been saying he wants a lot lately. He is not demanding. He isn't big on things, and when he wants something I almost always say yes immediately. (I'M SUCH A SUCKER!) But I had been putting off those things because I thought it would be more exciting to him if it was a present and he didn't think he would get it. So I told him I wanted to try a new recipe that night and to not worry about cooking, (I should have known that was a stupid giveaway, I don't cook and we both know I wouldn't waste my time trying to find a recipe, i'm a keeper obviously ;) but really I was going to take him to IHOP and get him a headlamp or a tent for his big 2 year Mo day! Yay! But he also had a surprise for me and showed up at work and asked to switch cars because he had to go get something. Unfortunately I know the kid so well every time he tries to surprise me I always figure it out and instead of not saying anything (like a good wife would do) I said, "ughhhh you did not borrow Thomas's motorcycle!" Which of course is exactly what we did, and I was mad because I had been trying to surprise him so we were both a little/lot frustrated because we had both been trying to surprise the other one and we each wanted to do our own surprise. We ended up going on the motorcycle ride though and it was lovely up the canyon on our favorite drive. If that isn't a romantic love story I am not sure what is.

Friday we still went on date  night even though we already had date night on Thursday and went to Olive Garden afterwards, but I'm telling you people i'm relentless when it comes to date night on Friday, and we went to our very most favorite restaurant and ate way too much and spent way too much money and then went to Al's sporting goods to find a headlamp or a tent. We found a headlamp in what seemed like a really long amount of time to find a flashlight for your head, but Drew liked it. And on the way out I made a major score for only $5 freaking bucks!! Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

That is the headlamp, and those my jealous haters (ok just kidding I just wanted to be hip like all the teeny boppers and say haters) are my sunglasses that I bought for $5 dollars that were originally $110

That is me. Obviously fabulous showing how much cooler I am now that my life is complete with  a headlamp, mustache and sunglasses that were cheaper than any pair i've ever bought at Ross 
This picture I had to add also to show what we have been doing in the weekends previously, last week we actually went again to our favorite restaurant where we had gone all dressed up. Drew surprised me and got Harry Potter tickets but it was right after dinner and we decided it would not be comfortable to stay in our clothes we went to dinner in, but we were  right by the theater and didn't have time to drive across Logan to our apartment to change. Instead we went to Wal-Mart and bought these matching outfits. First of all they are fabulous. Second of all our shirts definitely glowed in the dark and I felt even cooler than if I would have gone dressed up as "He who must not be named" and we had front row seats! Anyway we then continued to wear our matching outfits for the next 3 days and went on a walk late at night so we could get the full effect of the face. 


 Classic.

Anyway that is just a little update of activities.

Oh! I almost forgot one. quick. thing. Drew told me if I ever get bored at night to wake him up to talk to me (I am not a sleeper so I just lay there a lot) and I never actually take him up on it, but Thursday night I decided to wake him up, in his sleeping slumber he said "is the house on fire?!?" I said no? He then said, "Then why would you wake me up?" (still not fully awake) and I said "Just to talk like you said" he then said very groggily and semi close to what I imagine a drunken grandpa would sound like, "no, no, no more emotions and feelings. I don't wanna do that tonight" Even though I wanted to punch him, I laughed and then squirted him in the face with my water bottle. Which then ensued another conversation I dare not blog about. But it did and continues to make me laugh. What a keeper that one.

Now that is really all!

xoxox


M

1 comment:

  1. Megan I love this post sooooo much :) you guys are so cute hahha

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line