Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Truth Tuesday

Every day since August 5th I have been looking myself in the mirror saying "You are STRONG, you are BRAVE, and you are BEAUTIFUL" afterwards I either then say, "and you're an idiot" or I just laugh or cry. I don't feel this way. Not even close but I feel like all I can do is say it until I believe it. See August 5th was my two year wedding anniversary. A day I have celebrated monthly since I have been married and was so looking forward to. How the day turned out was exactly the opposite of how I thought it would. You see tomorrow September 5th marks our 25th monthiversary or depending on how you look at it, our two year anniversary and our one month of separation. By the end of this week our divorce might actually be finalized if not by the end of next week. There has been a lot of emotions. Obviously that was not what I was expecting to happen but I can also clearly see how Heavenly Father has been preparing me for this unexpected journey. If you are hoping for a hate session on my soon to be ex husband don't waste your time by reading my blog any longer because that is not going to happen. My relationship with D has been very unconventional from the very beginning as is our divorce. We do not hate each other, we aren't bitter, we aren't trying to hurt each other. We are actually still best friends and get along as we always have, better as friends than we do as spouses. We have been mourning together as well as laughing and continuing on together. There is no doubt both of our lives are going to drastically change, we are both taking two very different paths that we both want for our lives. We have been joking by saying that we are going to "die" so we might as well be happy together while we can because once it is done it is done and we will both have a new life. I honestly want nothing more than for D to have a happy and satisfied life and that is what he wants for me as well. As far as a divorce goes, I don't think it can be much better. I will never ever say that I regret getting married to D. I would do it again knowing everything that I know now. I have learned so much. Especially about myself. I would be lying if I said that I have had complete peace and contentment through this process. I haven't. I have had multiple impulses to do the exact opposite of everything I have been taught and that I believe to be right. At one point all I really wanted to do was get completely drunk, the kind where you can't feel your face (or something like that I've never done this so i'm not sure the exact description but you get my point) I had that opportunity to, multiple times and even though I wanted to I couldn't. I cannot deny what I know to be true and right in my heart. If anything else I have only become stronger as a person. I feel as though I have complete clarity in what I know what I want in my life and my soul is peaceful. I could not ask for anything more than that at this point. Here is to another day. I hope you lovelies have been well. XOXO M

17 comments:

  1. Keep being that strong brave beautiful girl that you are Megan!! I admire you for sticking with what you know to be right even when times are hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    I know we don't know each other very well but I want you to know that my heart is hurting and rejoicing for you. I hope that you know what a special daughter of God you are and how you deserve the best for being just that, a daughter of God. You and Drew are in my prayers. I hope you can both find the happiness that you deserve. Good luck with everything. You are strong. You are brave. You are beautiful.
    Love,
    Brynne Evans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always, always known that you were strong, brave and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you every day since I heard. You are an amazing person and it breaks my heart to think of you going through sad times. I'll be praying for a future full of joy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, Meagan! I am thinking and praying for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg you are strong, brave, and beautiful. Your Heavenly Father knows that, and I hope you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hard and difficult step to take. I made a similar step many years ago when I met my husband and decided to let go of my pass. It's hard when you care so much for a person but you truly know in your heart what path you want to follow and know that it will ultimately make you happy. I know Heavenly Father is with you in this rough time and will help to lift you up. I pray that you will find the joy and happiness you seek and deserve as a Daughter of God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meg. I've never been through a divorce, but I can relate to reciting affirmations in the mirror that sometimes make me wanna throw up. It is not easy to do what you are doing. To go through what you are going through. But my thoughts as I read this post (and really about you in general) are "megan is STRONG, megan is BRAVE, and megan is BEAUTIFUL". No joke.

    I know that a lottttt of the time, it doesn't mean anything when someone else says it, because you need to see, feel, and believe in it yourself. But for what it's worth, I know that you ARE those things, and that you will get through this. Because you are a champion. I look up to you a lot, and so do sooooo many people. You're wonderful.

    Onward! (You go girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, you ARE strong. you ARE brave. and you ARE beautiful. I cried while reading this post and I just want you to know that you are loved. Things will look up and I know Heavenly Father is looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. megan this is sydkitten and i just want you to know that we are always here for you no matter what. i know this has been rough for the both of you and i hope for the best even though it may seem as if it is the worst but i promise you that He has something big for you planned wether or not it is with drew. I love you sissy and i always will, ill always look at you like my sister because in my mind you always will be. I love you Megan keep your head up and stay strong. Also never doubt yourself that youre strong beautiful and smart because once you start doubting it then you will start believing it. and NONE of that is true! We all love you and youre still apart of this family no matter what! anyways better get back to class im getting in trouble!(: love you meg!

    <3 SydKitten

    ReplyDelete
  11. megan, i stumbled upon your blog awhile back (through mckell mendenhall's) and can i just say....i felt like i was reading my own blog when i read this post. see, i too separated from my husband a few short weeks after our 2 year anniversary and within a few months finalized my divorce. it has now been almost a year exactly since that happened. you can read the post i wrote a year ago here. (http://haileyreed.blogspot.com/2011/09/vulnerable.html) i feel like i related so much to what you said in this post. i too had to keep telling myself i was strong and beautiful until i could actually believe it! (keep going, you really will get there). if you'd like to chat more you can email me (hailey-brooke@hotmail.com) and feel free to read my entire story on my blog.

    hang in girl. you will make it through this next year.
    i know, because i've been there.

    Love, Hailey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed with everything Hailey said. Hailey is one of the most loving and wonderful girls I know. If you ever need someone to help you through this time, she is such a compassionate soul. :)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful Megan. You have a lot of comments from people who love you, and my will most likely be insignificant in comparison to those. You are an amazing girl. Meeting you at Sports Academy all those years ago really did change my life. When I was struggling you had a smile on your face that comforted me. I just want to say THANK YOU to you, for being a woman that I hope I can be half as amazing as you. You are a great friend, and I am so grateful to know you. I love you dearly and really do miss you. I have to admit that as I first read this post I had to stop and reread it because I couldn't believe what was there! I love you and will always be there for you no matter what, just like you were there for me! I know everyone says to let them know if you need anything, but please please.. don't hesitate. Even if you really don't need anything, I would love to see your pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found this post, because of a comment you left on my blog. I would give you a HUGE hug right now if I could. Then I would invite you over, hand you a pair of sweat pants and some cookies, and we would just pour out our thoughts to each other.

    You ARE strong, and you WILL be okay. You will!! Often it feels like your scratching through a brick wall with nothing but your finger nails, but life WILL get better! Hang in there Megan! Also, feel free to contact me as well if you ever need someone to talk to: empiricalday@gmail.com. If you need a 2 am phone conversation to let you know you ARE strong and beautiful, you can call me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line