Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July! This year I can't help but reflect on all of the people who sacrifice for our freedom. There are so many people who really do sacrifice so much for what we have in our country. I have been spoiled with Drew going on trips and coming home for a few days in between and I am so grateful to all of those men and women who are willing to put our country and freedom before themselves. I am almost somber just thinking about how many people are missing someone who is either gone right now serving, or who has made the ultimate sacrifice and has passed on. I feel like time is flying bay way too quickly, in 2 and a half months D will be deployed, and at this time next year he will be gone on another deployment. I am so thankful to him and to the service that he does for our country (and family)every single day (waking up at 3:30 in the morning and driving an hour and a half to get to work and then working a 10-12 hour day and driving back isn't necessarily fun) but I also have so much admiration for him for his bravery and courage and because he can see the big picture and is passionate about what he does. He never complains and is always willing to do what is asked of him. This year especially I am realizing just how blessed and free we really are. So today I am going to celebrate a wonderful holiday with my very own smashing soldier, and make sure it is one to remember, God bless you and yours on this day of freedom, xoxo M

2 comments:

  1. Love you two! So thankful for Drew's desire to serve our country. He's great!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line