Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Truth Tuesday

Today I was hit on by a guy. This was awkward for a number of reasons, 1. I'm married but he didn't know that yet 2. I was leaving our apartment at the top of the stairs while he was walking up them so he knows where I live 3. Those stairs are fairly narrow so it was two close for my comfort 4. I seriously thought he was going to say something awkward like "You're fly is down" or something equally awkward, but instead said "Oh, Oh hey! I'm Brad, I just live right down there, Not far from youuu, at all" Yeah, no thanks. My first instinct was literally to just put my hand with my ring just on my face. I realize that's not the appropriate response, but I really wanted to go with that. Lucky me the wind blew my hair in my face and I moved it with said hand, Said nice to meet you, and hurried down the stairs. Then I hear him say under his breath ahhhh married! She's married! Unfortunately that added to the awkward level and I had to book it to the truck because I started to awkward laugh/giggle. Disastrous. I have become addicted to HGTV. Like seriously addicted. I watch all of the things I could do to a house, hopefully soon MY house and I get stoked. I feel like an old person because of that but oh well. I even started following them on pinterest, which i've also started getting on more now to get ideas for what I want to do. So many choices! Today I was informed that my paper that I wrote in my English class was chosen to be published. Only 15 out of 2,600 were chosen, and although that's not a huge group, it's still enough that I am pretty proud of it. I really put a lot of time and effort in to that paper and deeply care about the subject (sexual education with teenage girls, how girls feel they have to be sex objects or that that makes them "worth" something etc and how girls in our society are taught multiple mixed messages) so that was pretty exciting news on my end today. Speaking of other news going on at our house, we found out on Sunday that D will be gone for 60 days in October/November. So NOT looking forward to that in so many ways, but long term it will be good for us i'm sure. Can I just tell you how obnoxious my blog is? I SERIOUSLY wish I were more technologically capable because I am not at all and I always try to fix stuff on it and it messes it up. For example, it won't space between my paragraphs so while I type this it is all written out in separate little paragraphs, but then I post it and it all gets sqwooshed together and that is so obnoxious. Really, it is. Happy Birthday to my beautiful Sister-in-law Hollie! Hope you have had a fabulous day!! Love you soooooo mucch and now have a great day it's almost freaking Wednesday after all. xo ps. To those of you that have left comments on my blog, THANK YOU! They are always so great and I love hearing what you have to say. As mentioned above I am the worst and often don't see them until days after you post them but I promise I will be much better about responding back to you, and thanks for reading! M

1 comment:

  1. Totally feel you on the whole how to tell guys you're married thing. Gonna have to tell you bout the lil kid at Stampede sometime. THAT was awkward! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a Love Line