Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Truth Tuesday

Hey Guys Hey! So Drew has been gone for 10 days now and we have at least four to go. I'm about ready to blow something up. It is a little frustrating because a lot of the time when Drew leaves I feel like I have all of these things I want to do and have projects to work on, or I am the exact opposite and all I want to do is cry and sleep. Which depending on your perspective could also be considered productive? I feel bad for poor D though he has been to Florida, California, Hawaii, Wake Island, Japan and now Guam in the last week and a half, and is set to go back to Hawaii and California before coming back to Utah. He has been in and out of so many time zones i'm worried his brain is going to explode. I just can't wait for him to come home!!! When I left high school I remember thinking how glad I was that I left all of the drama there and I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Since then I have realized there will always be drama when there are other people in my life. And since I love people, I guess I will have to accept the drama. I read on another blog a quote that I loved "what others think of you is none of your business" I feel like I need to remember that because too often I think that if anyone is breathing around me I need to know what they are thinking in regards to me. I worry too much and apply everything way too personally to myself and I have to stop doing that. As I was reminded last week multiple times. When D leaves I feel like my life falls apart. But literally, let me give you a run down. Today I got ready for work and left to pick up our now dry-cleaned bedspread (Dutch threw up on it Easter morning. Awful.) Anyway Drew took it there before he left and it wasn't going to be ready for over a week, I get there this morning and there is a sign that says "closed for cleanliness concerns" ummmmmmmmmmm??? There was no number and all of the clothes etc are still there but I don't know how to get my bedspread! I seriously was envisioning breaking through the glass with a bat today. I didn't but it's still an option at this point. I got a call saying that the bank thought there was fraud on our account, luckily it was taken care of but my stress level was basically on overload already. Then I went to work and since Drew is gone that means I have been living off of cereal, slim fast and special k meal bars. By the time I got off of work I was about ready to kill something since I was starving but I so hate going to the grocery store alone. I decided I would stop at Costa Vida on my way home and grab a quesadilla and I walked in and DAMN YOU TACO TUESDAY! Is really all I can say about it. I hate that stupid thing. I know, I know, many people like that. I don't. I don't like Tacos. So I left, I got home, and I found that Dutch decided that today, after 10 days of being left out of his kennel and being so good, he would chew up my vibram five finger shoes, as in the ones I just got for Valentines day that also are over $100. I started bawling. Then I took a picture. Why you might ask? Two reasons, number one I have been doing this for like 4 years because then after I calm down I look at my picture and laugh at myself for a long time. I like to remind myself to laugh through bad days and at myself. I also do it because then I send it to Drew. HA! Either he is lucky because I laugh at myself or he is unlucky because I'm so crazy. Either way you look at it, you can laugh. So I decided I would just put it on here so that you could enjoy it as well.
You're welcome. On to some good news, I have lost 6 pounds in the last 12 days which is decent. It would be better if it was 25 but that isn't realistic which I have to keep reminding myself. I have been doing INSANITY and now me and my good friend Hailee are now going to the gym together which I think will help me stay motivated. I am just so looking forward to D being home, I can't wait for him to be home! I hope you are all having a great day, and seriously, laugh the crap out of my picture, I know me and Hailee did today on our way to the gym. xoxoxo M

4 comments:

  1. I didn't laugh. Don't be a stranger, woman! We're going to have fun on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do! I think it's funny i'm a disgusting crier, i'm a slobbering mess :) But yes I am looking forward to Thursday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're wearing our granny pajamas :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that thing ha. I wear it all the time when Drew is gone.

      Delete

Drop a Love Line