Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Innocence and Friendship

Taylor Swift has a new CD out and I really like it. She has a song called Innocent and I can't stop thinkng about it, so I decided to write about it.
In the song she says "who you are is not where you've been." I love that. Over and over people make mistakes. Every. Single. Person. That is part of life. And yeah mistakes make life more complicated but that is ok too. I have been blessed with some wonderful friends in my life. I have been really lucky that way. And we have all made mistakes in different ways. there are so many times now looking back that I would have done things differently now. I'm sorry for that. I'm also sorry because sometimes people don't realize who they are. WHO YOU ARE IS WONDERFUL. Mistakes don't make you or break you. Another line from the song "remember today is never too late to be brand new" and it is so true. We are so blessed as people that every single day we are able to start new. If you feel bad about what you have done, then don't do it again. Make the next every single day better. I wish I was, and would be a better friend than I am. I have let myself get too wrapped up in things that don't matter. My mom and I were talking about this last week and how many things I feel bad about because I would have done a lot of things differently, but I didn't and it already happened. Drew and I have discussed this too and how different we are since high school and what we would have done different if we would have just known what we know know. I would have forgave more, judged less, and loved always. I am eternally grateful that I know that I have a Father in Heaven who forgives and loves and teaches us to forgive and love as well. I am grateful for his son's atonement and the price that he paid for my sins and that because of that I am able to understand how to fix my mistakes. I am grateful for my best friends who I love so much and who I have learned so much from over the years. Life is beautiful and so are you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a Love Line